The Maeng House
3 miles east of Asan-shi was the house in which Maeng
Sa-sung (1360-1438), who served as first
and second deputy premier under King
Sejong and who was noted for honesty and
integrity, lived. The house was built to reflect both Koryo
and Tibetan styles in the interior. The ceiling is traditional
latticed one and the room floor is covered with thickoiled paper.
On the premises are an ancestral shrine and a pavilion. On the
premises are an ancestral shrine and a pavilion named Kukoe-jong and
who large gingko trees believed to be over 600 years old. The
Maeng House has been designated as Historic
Site No. 109 by Korean Government for
preservation Jade pipe (musical instrument), jade hat ornament,
jade seal and inkslab personally used by Maeng Sa-sung and his wife's
jade hairpin are kept in the house.